What Had Happened Was
I have been contemplating writing this post for a few days. I am not sure if this will even go live, so if you’re reading this, I guess it made the cut.
So, my last post was about three weeks ago. That was totally not my intent. Life kind of got away from me for a while. It’s not an excuse, but it’s just what happened. As a matter of fact, life has been crazy for the past 2 months and it is my prayer that thing will even out in June and July will be smooth sailing again.
In the meantime, I am just here making it do what it do. I am sure you have no idea what that means so I will break it down for you:
- I am back in the gym – I signed up with YouFit at the end of April. They were having a promotion where I would get the entire month of May for free, so I signed up. Needless to say, the first day I went was the 25th. So, I wasted 24 free days. My desire is to go to the gym daily. I kept saying to myself that I HAVE to go to the gym, but that makes it sound like a chore. I will have to keep correcting myself, so I would say, I GET TO GO TO THE GYM. It really is a privilege to be able to work out and keep my body in shape.
- I don’t pray/worship enough – this was a very difficult realization for me. For some reason, I thought I was doing enough. That in and of itself is indicative that there is a problem. My relationship with God shouldn’t be about doing enough. It should be an integral part of my life. The relationship should be stronger and more intimate.
- I am starting a new job – This has a lot to do with life getting away from me. In April, I was laid off from my job and I have to admit it kind of hurt. I had been there for a few years and starting over wasn’t in my plans. During my time off, I spent lots of time building the systems for my business and social media presence. This past week, I interviewed at an awesome company and they offered me a position. It is in a neighboring city. I will have a longer commute than I did before, but I welcome the change.
- I am working to be a better wife – My husband and I have been together for what seems like forever, but we have only been married for 6 years; 7 years at the end of July. With all the things we go through on a daily basis, sometimes, our relationship falls by the wayside. Not that it’s right, but it happened. I can admit that I haven’t been as attentive as I should have been.
- I have to learn to be a mom of young adults – I was a teen mother and my children and I pretty much grew up together. I got a lot of stuff wrong. Like, a lot of stuff. I worked at for much of their childhood and I missed out on may events. I’ve apologized to them many times and I hope they truly forgive me. I did the best I could with what I had. Again, no excuses; just facts. Now, our youngest is 16 and I have come to realize that we have no more babies. I guess I never imagined having an empty nest.
While this blog started out as a way to share information about coaching, it has transformed into something totally different. It’s more about us going on a journey together. I wholeheartedly believe that this is what it’s supposed to be. I know we are all doing life at different speeds and if it isn’t for you, I completely understand. If you are as excited about this adventure as I am, you’re invited to come along. I look forward to sharing the developments with you and I hope you will share yours with me.
Now that the awkward stuff is out of the way, what have you been up to? I promise to reply to every comment.
P.S. There is still time to sign up for Courageous Camp. Click HERE to learn more.