This post originated as a live video on my Periscope channel. Make sure you follow me to see what I have going on daily.
Here is a list of the items mentioned in the video.
- Take care of your body – When you look good, you feel good. That may sound cliche, but it’s true. When you have on nice clothes and your hair is done, you feel much better about yourself. Also, when you are in emotional distress, it takes a toll on your body. Staying in shape and eating well isn’t vanity; it’s necessary.
- Embrace positive thoughts and people – You are a combination of the people you hang around and the conversations you have with them. You know the type: they never have anything positive to say about anything. If you keep ingesting that craziness, you will wake up one day and find yourself alone. You will be the toxic person everyone is trying to escape. It’s an easy fix – STOP IT. Work hard to find the positive side of situations. There is always one.
- Release Anger & Resentment – Better said – LET IT GO!! You aren’t in charge of passing out punishments for those who have wronged you. No matter what’s happened in the past, you need to process it, learn from it, and move on. This will ensure you won’t have to go around this mountain again.
- Set Realistic Goals and PLAN to achieve them – so often we are told that we have to set goals, but are you told HOW to achieve them. You never think about how to get them done. Well. I am telling you now. Goals mean nothing without having a plan to make them a reality. In case you didn’t know, that’s why you get so frustrated with the whole process.
- Embrace Change – Change is inevitable. The more you resist, the more painful it will be. What you need to do is be on the lookout for the signs of change so you can prepare and become an early adopter. The sooner you get on board, the better.
- Laugh at yourself – stuff happens and you have two choices. You can walk around looking like a sourpuss or you can laugh it off and keep it moving. My suggestion? Do the latter. Trust me
- Take responsibility for your happiness – No matter if you’re married or single, your happiness belongs to you. If you go into a relationship for the sole purpose of someone to “make you happy”, you will forever be sad. Relationships don’t work that way. Happiness doesn’t work that way. Don’t put something so precious in the hands of someone else.
- Have realistic expectations of yourself and others – You can only do so much and so can everyone else. You have to come to terms with your humanity and not allow anyone to make unrealistic demands of you or your time. Likewise, give the same consideration to others.
- Realize when it’s time to talk to someone – If you are depressed, anxious, or have thoughts of harming yourself, please reach out for help right away. There is no shame in getting help. We all get to a point where we can’t do life on our own. Don’t allow perceived guilt or shame keep you from living your best life.
- Be a good friend to yourself – What are the qualities that you are looking for in a friend? Honest? Caring? Kind? Sincere? Are you being all of those things to yourself right now? If not, you have to master that for yourself before you can expect it from others. You also have to be able to be those things for the people who call you friend. It works both ways.
Your Courageous Coach + Podcast Host
Hey there. I’m Sophia. I hope you enjoyed the video and the blog. I do my best to address issues that are plaguing women, but they don’t want to talk about it. I have been through so much and I am tired of being ashamed. It’s time we get over the stigma of what we’ve been through so we can continue with the important business of living a fulfilling life. You can’t do that with mess hanging over your head.
These posts are meant to encourage women and help them form new, more beneficial habits. It’s my mission to provide helpful information to make it easy for women to change parts of their lives that they aren’t satisfied with. Now, it is important that you realize that it won’t be easy, but I am here with you. There is no judgment here. I want every woman to feel welcome and safe here. Feel free to contact me using the chat box or the podcast hotline.
Also, please consider becoming a Patron (click HERE). It would help add equipment and team members. It all helps. If you aren’t able to donate, please share the post. That is greatly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.